Thursday, February 18, 2010

WARNING --- ANTS!

Living in a rural area, we have a LOT of ants around. They're always trying to make inroads into our house. I've told my children many times, "Don't take food into your bedrooms or you might wake up with ants all over you." Did they take heed to my warning? It wasn't long before my son came running to me saying ants were all over his bed. I got the bug spray and went in and his bed and walls were just swarming with ants. GROSS! I pulled back his bed from the wall and found fruit snack and candy wrappers. Unfortunately, the ants had found it first. It took me a while to get the ants under control. Then he had to help me clean up the carcasses and the food wrappers. I'm hoping my son had a big enough taste of the mess so that he will listen to me next time.

Ezekiel 3:21 says, "If thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned: also thou shalt deliver thy soul." One of the main things we regularly talk about is the necessity to serve God and not sin. If their soul is sin-free, then they are able to have a personal relationship with God and live their lives the right way. The devil has deceived so many into thinking they can have sin in their life and still please God. As parents, let us make sure our children know the truth about sin. There's no guarantee they'll choose to serve God, but we can make sure our job is done by warning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment