Saturday, February 20, 2010

THANKFUL FOR SIMPLE BLESSINGS

Today we had a birthday party for my 10 year old. It was a boy's party - video games, whip cream challenge, drawing on each other's shirts (don't worry moms, I provided the shirts), pizza, cake (which the boys decorated), ice cream, presents, and lots of running around outside. A very simple party, but the boys had a blast!

In my life I experienced only 1 huge miracle - when I got saved. Yet I can't count on my fingers, let alone even remember, all the small, simple miracles God has done for me and my family. Just waking up with health and a sound mind is such a miracle. We have a roof over our heads, food on our table, comfortable clothing, transportation, lotsa love and laughter, hope, peace... the list just goes on and on and on. One song says, "Just from Jesus simply taking life and breath and joy and peace." Every day God heaps oodles of simple blessings on our heads. I am so thankful.

1 comment: