Tuesday, February 16, 2010

PERMIT CHILDREN TO GO TO CHRIST


Matthew 19:14 says, "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me..." Jesus was telling his disciples to stop shooing the children away. Sure he was busy dealing with religious leaders, but Jesus counted children's souls just as important. Their moms just wanted Jesus to bless them. Maybe a little girl showed him an owie for him to heal. Maybe a boy wanted Jesus to help him be brave because he was afraid of the dark.

My son has bordered on "distraught" because a video game system has not been shipped to the stores yet. He's been waiting for eons (more like three weeks) and has been asking Jesus to help the store get the game. And just like those children all those years ago, Jesus blessed my son. No, the game still hasn't arrived in the stores yet, but my son told me his obsessive desire for the game was gone. Yes, he still wants the game, but with Jesus' help he's waiting more patiently. I had thought of telling my son not to pray what I thought was a selfish prayer, but I'm glad I didn't. God has proven to my son that He's a real help.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks good. I'll be praying as your thoughts reach out to encourage moms to seek God in all their ways.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the sweetest testimony, Sister Alyce. We appreciate your openness and sharing. Sometimes we look at our loved ones and have our own ideas of what/how they should go to God...but it's just sweet to know that, by going to God with anything...it always, always turns out to be the best way in the end...and our loved ones, and we, ourselves, get yet another opportunity to watch God move in perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so encouraged by your sweet testimony of a blog, Sis Alyce. Keep up the good work. Even for some of us who have our children already grown, this blesses us too, to read and see the blessings you are experiencing with God and your children.

    ReplyDelete