Monday, February 15, 2010

YOUR CHILD'S PERSONAL TRUST IN GOD

God wants us to teach our children how to be able to go to God for help on their own. Judges 3:1-2 says, "These are the nations that the Lord left, to prove Israel by them... that the generations of the children of Israel might know, to teach them war."

One night my son was angry over a perceived injustice. His negative attitude and thoughts just kept worsening. I tried different positive thinking exercises with him, but nothing stopped the negativity. I finally fell on my knees and asked God for help. I did not know what else to try. God told me to teach my son to go to God himself. I knew to go to God when I didn't know what to do, but I needed to help my son know how to go to God.

I told my son he could pray and ask God to help him know what to do in his trial. The next day he told me that he did pray and that afterwards, no matter how hard he tried to think of the negative thoughts, he couldn't. I don't know what God did, but I'm thankful God met his need in a private, personal way he will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment