Monday, March 1, 2010

TRUSTING THE ALMIGHTY

My littlest has been complaining of an earache. He came up to me, looking very pitiful and yucky feeling, and wanted me to pick him up. When I held him he let out a big sigh then cuddled into my hug, surrendering to my security. He trusted me fully, knowing I would take care of him and love him. I told my son that we were going to ask Jesus to help him feel better, because I want him to learn that Jesus will take care of him.

I am training my children to go to God on their own. He's the almighty, the one who can. I'm a mom, and moms love and care for their children mightily. But I'm only human and have limitations as to what I can do for them. So while I can give medicine and love and hope an earache goes away, God can heal (and he has, many times). When I can't help them on a test at school, God can. When I can't protect them from accidents, God can. He can watch over my children in all situations, and He does. He loves them more than I ever could.

1 comment:

  1. Your articulation and projected "spirit" in this written offering,..is absolutely beautiful. It so well portrays the peace we can have, if we go to the right source for it, in All that we do. Thanks for sharing. Excuse this belated observation, but I guess it is better than never! ;)

    ReplyDelete