Friday, March 19, 2010

A HANDFUL WITH QUIETNESS

Sometimes major events happen in our lives and everything gets redirected. My husband lost his job, but is starting up his own welding company. I'm now his partner - in life, in crime, in business. We are extremely busy trying to start up the new company to generate income, while juggling personal finances around trying to avoid bankruptcy, while keeping our children and household running.

All this means that my dream of adopting a daughter has been shelved, maybe never to be realized. An adopted child requires much time and energy to lovingly incorporate into an existing family. Our new business is taking up all my extra time and energy. I could be selfish and insist we go forward, but that would be a detriment to all. God gave me the scripture, "Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit." (Ecclesiastes 4:6) I'm choosing to be content with my current handful.

My heart's sad, but it's okay. Life happened and we go on. I'm confident this is where God wants us and He'll take care of us. Being in His will means everything to me.

3 comments:

  1. My beautiful daughter, being content is worth so much. I am so blessed that you are my daughter by being at one with my son. Just think, you'll have three daughters before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good Sister. You are a beautiful mother. God does have the best plan for our life- you never know what will unfold in the years ahead. Stay encouraged. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can somewhat relate, as you know, and take courage that we are not alone. You are blessed, in that, you are saved, in Truth, a wife...and mother of three healthy boys being raised in Truth by both parents. I know you know this already....and the heart, well, it wants what it wants! But, your trial is a testimony to me, and I appreciate your going through a handful of quietness. I love you. :) Joycelyn

    ReplyDelete